I think this was the first card I made when I was returning to making cards after a 3 month break. It isn’t my favorite and it didn’t turn out like what I had in my head. I don’t want to only post my favorites or what I consider to be more successful cards. I have clunker cards too. Sympathy cards are always needed and I like to be able to mail them so I went for a flat card design. I used a clear block and Stampin’ Write Markers to add color to the background. Once I inked the clear block I spritzed it with water to have the colors sort of blend together. I think I got it too wet. I stamped the white card stock and then stamped the leaves and the sentiment.
I made two of them because I had to try to get it more like what I had in my head. I wanted something soft and misty. I will try this again but most likely I will use watercolor paper. It is just so much more forgiving. For the background colors I used Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, and Soft Suede.
- Pear Pizzazz 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Soft Suede 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Pool Party Stampin’ Write Marker
- Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Marker
- Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Papaya Collage Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Love & Sympathy – Clear-Mount Stamp
- Stampin’ Spritzer